Padri Bhaderwah, also known as the Mini Kashmir of Jammu, is a serene and picturesque town nestled in the foothills of the Himalayas. Located in the Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir, Padri Bhaderwah is a popular destination for nature lovers, adventure enthusiasts, and spiritual seekers. In this blog post, we will guide you on how to reach Padri Bhaderwah, things to do, and all you need to know before planning your trip.
How to Reach Padri Bhaderwah?
By Air: The nearest airport to Padri Bhaderwah is Jammu Airport, which is approximately 180 kilometers away. From the airport, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach Padri Bhaderwah.
By Train: The nearest railway station to Padri Bhaderwah is Udhampur Railway Station, which is around 105 kilometers away. From the railway station, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach Padri Bhaderwah.
By Road: Padri Bhaderwah is well-connected to major cities in Jammu and Kashmir by road. You can take a bus or hire a taxi from Jammu, Srinagar, or Udhampur to reach Padri Bhaderwah. The distance from Jammu to Padri Bhaderwah is approximately 210 kilometers.
Things to do in Padri Bhaderwah
- Trekking: Padri Bhaderwah is a paradise for trekking enthusiasts. The town is surrounded by mountains and has several trekking trails that offer stunning views of the Himalayas. Some of the popular treks in Padri Bhaderwah are Kailash Kund Trek, Vasukinag Trek, and Chobia Pass Trek.
- Sightseeing: Padri Bhaderwah has several tourist attractions that are worth visiting. The Bhaderwah Fort, Gupt Ganga Temple, and Vasuki Nag Temple are some of the must-visit places in Padri Bhaderwah.
- Camping: Padri Bhaderwah is an ideal place for camping. You can camp near the banks of the river Neru or in the meadows of Padri. Camping under the starry sky is a memorable experience that you should not miss.
- Skiing: In winters, Padri Bhaderwah transforms into a skiing destination. The town receives heavy snowfall during winters, making it an ideal place for skiing. The famous Gulmarg ski resort is located near Padri Bhaderwah.
All you need to know before planning your trip
- Weather: The best time to visit Padri Bhaderwah is from April to November when the weather is pleasant. The winters are extremely cold, and the town receives heavy snowfall.
- Accommodation: Padri Bhaderwah has several budget-friendly hotels and guesthouses where you can stay. You can also opt for camping in the meadows of Padri.
- Safety: Padri Bhaderwah is a safe destination for travelers. However, it is advised to avoid traveling alone at night and to take necessary precautions while trekking.
Padri Bhaderwah is a hidden gem in the Himalayas that offers a unique blend of adventure, spirituality, and natural beauty. From trekking to skiing, from camping to sightseeing