The new Leh-Ladakh travel season is about to start in 2023, and the Ladakh taxi union has issued the Leh-Ladakh Taxi Rates 2022 – 23 as is customary at this time of year. The most recent taxi fares for all routes in Leh-Ladakh for the years 2022–2023 will be shared with you in this article below.
Leh Airport to City Taxi Fare
The cost of a cab from the Leh airport to the city of Leh ranges from Rs. 550 to Rs. 1,500, depending on the distance from your hotel. Taxis in classes A and B cost the same amount, as shown in the graph above. In class C taxis, there is a little but not very noticeable difference in price. Stok Palace is 15 kilometres and the Choglamsar Bridge is 9 kilometres from the airport, respectively.
Leh to Khardung La Pass Taxi Fare
A journey from Leh to Khardung La Pass and back costs between Rs. 2,300 and Rs. 2,600, depending on the type of cab taken.
Leh to Pangong Tso Taxi Fare
A taxi from Leh to Pangong Tso and back in two days will cost you between Rs. 9000 and Rs. 11000, depending on the type of vehicle you selected. A round-trip to Chushul will cost Rs. 13,000 for one day and Rs. 16,000 for two days if you want to keep going and explore more (for A Class cabs).
Going farther into Chumathang Valley, a private taxi will run you roughly Rs. 17,000 for the roundtrip to Hanle. The cost of a three-day travel along this route to complete the Pangong – Chushul – Tso Moriri – Leh circuit is approximately Rs. 20,000.
Leh to Tso Moriri Taxi Fare
You’ll need to pay Rs. 12,000 for a one-day cab ride from Leh to Tso Moriri and back. It will cost you roughly Rs. 15,000 if you make the trip longer by two days and return the following day.
Leh to Kargil Taxi Fare
You can take a private cab from Leh to Kargil for Rs. 9000 for the drop-off and Rs. 12,000 for the return through Lamayuru. However, if you took the Batalik route, you would have to pay Rs. 12,600 for drop-off and Rs. 16,400 for return.
Leh to Srinagar Taxi fare
For a one-day trip, a private taxi from Leh to Srinagar will cost Rs. 17,000. It will cost Rs. 20,000 to break up the 2-day journey with an overnight stay in Kargil. A return trip to Leh will cost Rs. 26,000 in total.
Leh to Jammu Taxi Fare
The cost of a private cab to take you from Leh to Jammu is Rs. 28,500 for a two-day trip and Rs. 31,300 for a three-day trip. The price to travel back to Leh is Rs. 37,000 for two days and Rs. 40,700 for three days.
Leh to Sonamarg Taxi Fare
You can take a private cab from Leh to Sonamarg for Rs. 14,000 for a one-way trip and Rs. 19,000 for a roundtrip.
Leh to Manali Taxi Fare
A taxi from Leh to Manali will cost Rs. 22,000 for drop-off and Rs. 30,000 for return for a two-day trip.
Leh to Drass taxi fare
You can take a private cab from Leh to Drass for about Rs. 12,000 one way and Rs. 16,000 the other way.
Note: The destination will be charged according to category if the cab is utilised for longer than the allotted number of days.
- Innova, Aria, Xuv: Rs. 3097 for the whole day and Rs. 1548 for half a day
- Scorpio, Qualis, Grande, Safari, Xylo: Rs. 2942 for the whole day and Rs. 1470 for half a day
- Sumo, Eco, Van: Rs. 2668 for the whole day and Rs. 1337 for half a day
- Full day means 8 hours and half day means 4 hours.
- The charge on hold in the first hour will be free and the remaining hours @ Rs. 314 per hour for all types of vehicles.
- Extra entry on routes from planned routes is charged up to 8 Kms @ Rs. 314
- The tariffs have been prepared for the year 2019-20, applicable from April 1, 2019.
- 50% of the invoiced amount must be deposited in advance on long routes such as Manali, Srinagar, other routes in the Leh district.
- Night stop fees @ Rs. 350 / – for all types of vehicles.
- AC on demand @ Rs 7 / – per km and will be collected directly by the driver.
A Comprehensive Travel Guide to Leh Ladakh – Read Here