Chashma Shahi, also known as the Royal Spring Garden, is a beautiful Mughal garden located in Srinagar, Kashmir. The garden was built in 1632 by Ali Mardan Khan, a governor of the Mughal Empire, for his son, Dara Shikoh.
Chashma Shahi is a three-tiered garden that is divided by a series of walkways and water channels. The garden is home to a variety of trees and flowers, including chinar trees, roses, and tulips. The garden is also home to a number of fountains and pavilions.
The centerpiece of Chashma Shahi is the Royal Spring, which is located at the top of the garden. The spring is fed by a natural spring, and the water is said to have medicinal properties.
Chashma Shahi is a popular tourist destination, and it is a great place to relax and enjoy the beauty of Kashmir. The garden is also a popular spot for weddings and other events.
Here are some of the things you can do at Chashma Shahi:
- Take a walk through the garden and admire the trees, flowers, and fountains.
- Visit the Royal Spring and drink the water, which is said to have medicinal properties.
- Relax on one of the benches and enjoy the view of the mountains.
- Have a picnic in the garden.
- Take a boat ride on the Dal Lake.
- Visit the nearby Hazratbal Shrine.
- Go shopping for souvenirs.
Here are some tips for visiting Chashma Shahi:
- The best time to visit Chashma Shahi is during the spring (March-May) or fall (September-November) when the weather is mild.
- The garden is open from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM daily.
- Admission to the garden is free.
- There are a number of hotels and restaurants located near Chashma Shahi.
- You can reach Chashma Shahi by car
Chashma Shahi is a beautiful and serene garden that is a must-see for any visitor to Srinagar, Kashmir. The garden is a great place to relax and enjoy the beauty of Kashmir, and it is also a popular spot for weddings and other events.