Kashmir is known as “Paradise on Earth” for a reason. It has some of the most beautiful and mesmerizing valleys that leave you awestruck. Among these valleys is the Aru Valley, located in the Anantnag district of Jammu and Kashmir. This valley is a treat for the eyes and offers a perfect blend of scenic beauty, adventure, and culture.
How to Reach Aru Valley?
To reach the Aru Valley, one has to reach Srinagar, which is the nearest airport. From Srinagar, the distance to Aru Valley is around 100 km, which takes around 4 hours by car. One can also take a taxi from Pahalgam, which is around 12 km from the valley.
Places to Visit in Aru Valley
- Lidderwat Valley: Located at a distance of around 22 km from the Aru Valley, Lidderwat is a beautiful valley known for its lush green meadows, alpine trees, and glistening streams. This place is ideal for trekking, camping, and picnicking.
- Kolahoi Glacier: Kolahoi Glacier is a beautiful glacier located at a distance of around 13 km from Aru Valley. The trek to this glacier is a bit challenging but offers a breathtaking view of the surrounding mountains.
- Tarsar Lake: Tarsar Lake is a high altitude lake located at a distance of around 22 km from Aru Valley. This lake is known for its crystal clear water and beautiful surroundings. The trek to Tarsar Lake is a bit strenuous but is worth it.
- Betaab Valley: Betaab Valley is located at a distance of around 15 km from Aru Valley. This valley is known for its picturesque surroundings and is named after the Bollywood movie “Betaab” which was shot here.
Things to Do in Aru Valley
- Trekking: Aru Valley is a perfect destination for trekking enthusiasts. There are various trekking routes in and around the valley that offer a unique experience to trekkers.
- Camping: The valley offers some of the best camping sites, surrounded by beautiful mountains and lush greenery. It’s a perfect place to escape from the chaos of the city.
- Sightseeing: The valley has various places to visit, including Lidderwat Valley, Kolahoi Glacier, Tarsar Lake, and Betaab Valley.
- Photography: Aru Valley is a paradise for photographers. The valley offers breathtaking views that are a treat for the eyes and a perfect place to capture memories.
Best Time to Visit Aru Valley
The best time to visit Aru Valley is from April to October. During this time, the valley is covered with lush greenery, and the weather is pleasant. The monsoon season from July to September should be avoided as the roads become slippery and the trekking routes become dangerous.
Aru Valley is a hidden gem in the beautiful state of Jammu and Kashmir. It’s a perfect destination for nature lovers, adventure enthusiasts, and those who want to experience the unique culture of the state. The valley offers a perfect blend of adventure, scenic beauty, and culture, making it a must-visit destination.