We know you are super excited to see the wonders of Australia. Its beaches, deserts, the blush and whatnot. It is a beautiful place to travel but before you even start dreaming about lofting in those beautiful beaches and deserts, make sure your visa formalities are done and you are all ready to fly.
We will tell you all about it in a jiffy!
Do Indians need a Tourist visa for Australia?
Yes, Indian citizens do need a visa for Australia. It is always recommended to lodge your visa application well in advance of your proposed travel date and finalise travel arrangements once your visa is finalised.
Is there a visa on arrival in Australia for Indian citizens?
No, there is no visa on arrival provision in Australia for Indian citizens.
Australia Visa Fee for Indian Citizens
|Visa Subclass / Note||Base Charge|
|Visitor Subclass 600 – For all streams except Frequent Traveller / 1a and 1b||140 AUD|
|Visitor Subclass 600 – For Frequent Traveller||1,020 AUD|
|e-Visitor (Subclass 651)||Nil|
|ETA (Electronic Travel Authority) / 1c||Nil|
The Australian visa fee and other charges change regularly based on the norms set by the Australian government.
- 1a Visitor Visa of the Subclass 600 features 5 streams.
- 1b visa is for applicants who represent any foreign government. However, the visa charges are nil, but it requires supporting evidence.
- 1c ETA (Electronic Travel Authority) applications are processed online and hence, they are subject to service charges.
How to Apply for Australia Tourist Visa from India?
The application process to apply for a tourist visa for Australia is simple and organized. The Australian tourist visa comes under the category of the (Subclass 600) visitor visa. This is a short-term permit granted for the sole purpose of tourism. The whole procedure is right there online, and you do not need to visit the embassy with a hard copy of documents.
You can download the Australia ETA application online form from the government website of Australia or you can visit www.australiae-visa.com to download the application. You need to fill the form with correct details and submit it by paying applicable visa fees. You will receive the Australia ETA visa within 2-3 days depending on the accuracy of your details via e-mail on the id mentioned by you in the form.
Please note that since the Australian tourist visa is not in the physical form, you will simply receive an email with your visa details. Your visa will directly be linked to your passport number.
It is necessary to make sure that you do not make any mistakes in the application process or submit fake documents. This may lead to visa rejection. To ensure that your visa is successfully obtained, it is suggested to consult visa services.
Documents required for Australia Tourist Visa
- Original Passport with 6 Months Validity from date of travel
- Visa Application Form
- 2 Photos: 35 X 45mm, white background, matt finish 80% face size
- Covering letter mentioning details of applicants, passport details, travel details and who will bear expenses details
- Pan Card or Adhaar Card Copy
- Financial statements
- Employment Proof and Pay Slips
- Income Tax Returns
- Hotel bookings or accommodation covering the whole duration of the intended stay
- Flight reservation of return or round ticket
- Marriage Certificate if married
Australia Tourist Visa Processing Time
Australia tourist visa processing time for the subclass 600 Visitor visa Tourist stream, is from 48 hours to more than 33 days. However, it depends on factors such as the peak processing period and completed application form with all the necessary supporting documents.